Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Zombie Dunny Stripped

Okay, this really isn't that exciting of a picture, but for me it's pretty important as it has great significance. What might be significant about this pic you ask- well I can't get into specifics, but basically it means that a personal custom that I've wanted to make ever since I got into custom painting toys is finally starting to come to light (literally and figuratively.) Okay, so with that little clue you probably figured out that I'll be putting a light inside this Dunny, but hopefully you haven't figured out what the design will be- that's the coolest part. Without giving away more, I had initially started this project way back in 2006- originally I was just going to use a GID Munny for the idea. Then the DER Robo Dunny came out, and I realized with some illumination and some very custom paint, it would work much, much better than the GID Munny. So I purchased and stripped it down to be completely clear, but I had to put it on the back burner for a while as I got too busy with other projects. Then as I was just starting to think about this custom project again, the Zombie Dunny was announced and the translucent light blue vinyl was even more perfect. Anyway, I hate to say it but I'm going to be the busiest I've ever been for the next few months, so once again this guy will need to be "shelfed" for a bit. So far all the delays have actually worked to my advantage, so we'll see what happens when I can start thinking about this again in another couple months. Oh yeah, that's a stripped Hard Days Knight in the pic too- oops...