Friday, February 29, 2008

Jumpin' James

I'm guessing most of the folks reading my blog (all two of you) have visited my website and realize I'm not just about toys and spade-skulls. Now for a little history lesson for those that didn't know this. Before I got into the custom toy scene, I was a pretty serious (at least in my mind) digital artist. I was into it all- 3D, animation, 2D motion, illustration, design, and every other thing that you could think of that would fall into that category. One of my favorite things to work on was collages. I loved taking photographs and 3D elements and mix those with some Photoshop and Illustrator work. If you poke around on my website you'll see many examples of this- Flower Power, Sinner, and of course my SS Design Modules. With that said, lately I've been spending a bit more time in the digital realm (don't worry, I'm still painting toys) and decided to resurrect a little collage I started a good year ago (I think?) If I remember correctly, I really wanted to go crazy with it- bring in a lot of "grunge" and layers and make it really dense and loud. But for some reason this morning when I started looking at it, I really started to like the simplicity of it.  So I moved a few things a bit, cropped it down a little, and voila- it is finished. Since the blog pic is so tiny, you find a larger version on my website, or just click this link here. Note, the photos are courtesy of Potato Grande.