Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Look What I Found

So I happened to be digging around in my parent's attic and found this cool little metal toy buried under a pile of old tin cans. He's taken quite a beating through the years, but is still holding up. Okay seriously, this is my custom Tofu Robot for the upcoming Tofu Robot show at Robocon. I'd seen a couple of custom toys lately that had this old, worn-out, tin toy style, and it really caught my eye as I definitely enjoy vintage (real and faux) stuff. I'd taken a crack at a "griming" up a toy last year when I made my Recon-bot MadL, so this was just taking it a step further by actually giving it some real scratches, scuffs, and scrapes. I also (for the first time) used some enamel spray paints (from my old model kit days) for the finish, and used some little homemade templates for the designs on the body of the robot. So I definitely explored some new territory with this little guy.
Anyway, the show at Robocon is coming up later this month, so if you're in the area come check it out.