Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Totem Squirms

Reactor-88 Totem Squirms
Here are the custom Squirms I painted for the It Came From Skullbrain show at Super 7. I'm honestly not a big Kaiju fan, so when I was asked to participate in this show I was a little hesitant. I have wanted to try my hand at some custom Kaiju pieces- the problem was finding a figure that would work well with my style. Anyway I agreed, and eventually decided to paint some Squirms. First up is the Robo Lucha Totem Squirm. I went a little wild with the color scheme on this one. At first I wasn't too sure how I felt about it, but he's grown on me. Second is the GID Totem Squirm. I kept the color palette really simple on this one so the focus would be on the glow- granted when the lights are on you don't see that part, but whatever. As usual, if you're up in San Francisco on the 18th, be sure to check out this show.
Reactor-88 Totem Squirms
Reactor-88 Totem Squirms
It Came From Skullbrain

No comments: