Friday, October 5, 2007

Totem MadLs

Totem MadLs
Totem MadLs
I completed some new custom toys a few weeks back- this time it's a group of Totem MadLs. Surprisingly, these were all commissioned pieces for one person. I was surprised when I was first asked to create three of them (about a year ago) by this person. I thought he was kidding, but he was very serious. So I put his name on my list, and finally in early summer his name was at the top and I contacted him. I once again asked him if he was sure he wanted three, and once again he said yes. So fast forward a couple months later and these three Totems are complete. I think one of the intentions was to possibly have them stand on top of each other, but unfortnately the shape of the MadL head isn't completely level/flat on top, so that's not happening. I kind of wish I would've at least tried to take a pic with them stacked up on each other. Oh well, I guess I'll leave that to their new owner. Note, these guys are traveling half-way around the world- I think this was my first international commission work. So does that mean I've "gone international"? Nice...

No comments: