Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Baby Totem Teddy Trooper

4-inch Totem Teddy Trooper
4-inch Totem Teddy Trooper
Here's my recent commission- a 4-inch Totem Teddy Trooper. Hopefully you aren't sick of seeing Totem customs, because everyone on my commission list sure isn't. Everybody wants a Totem- they're all the rage these days :) Anyway, this guy is tiny compared to the 10-inch one I finished a few months back. Even though he's a lot smaller, I tried to pack in as much detail as possible. The client wanted something with red, so I initially thought one of my "duotone" totems- red base with a black design. He then mentioned adding in white to the mix. Hmm- I wasn't sure how that would look, so I created a mock up of my sketch on the computer and created it with a red/white/black color scheme, and I must say I liked the results. So that sealed it, and off I went. As usual, the white paint needed about 4-5 coats to really get it to be opaque on the red, but the end result was definitely worth it. My favorite part of this little guy is the face on his backside- the little tongue sticking out makes me laugh...

No comments: