Sunday, July 29, 2007

Totem Teddy Trooper

Totem Teddy Trooper
Totem Teddy Trooper
FINALLY! I've been working (on/off) on this guy for months (and months), so with the photos I took today I am officially saying I'm done with this beast. Needless to say when I took on this commission last year (yes, it's been that long) I didn't really know what I was getting into. I knew it was a bigger toy at 10 inches tall, but I didn't really take into consideration that it would be like painting two customs- the bear and the helmet, as they both by themselves are the size of the standard vinyl toy (7-8 inches.) And because of the sheer size and workable area of this guy, I would say it's my most complex and detailed totem custom yet. Anyway, I could've probably kept working and working and working on this guy, but I felt it was time to put the paint down, and send him off to his new home. More pics can be found on the Kidrobot Message Board. It even made it's way on the Flying Fortress blog- sweet.

No comments: