Sunday, May 6, 2007

Totem Trooper is Coming...


Even though I really need to finish my painting for the upcoming Cereal Killers show, I was having a bit of a mental block on it (changing gears again), so I decided to put it aside this weekend and get going on my next commission- an Adfunture 10" Teddy Troop. I had finalized the design and color scheme a while back with the client, so I figured this weekend I could take some time and actually apply the design to the toy. I didn't really think about it before, but this is almost the equivalent of doing two 7" customs. Since you can remove the helmet, it can be considered one custom, and the teddy the other. Well, all I know is next time I will have to take that into consideration when I give a quote :) Live and learn...
Anyway, I feel like a fairly large milestone has been hit with this piece. Seeing the design on paper is one thing, but when you actually have it all laid out on the toy is cool. Now it just needs a light sanding, another coat of priming (to reduce the lines a bit), and it will be ready for paint. But first, I have to finish my Cereal Killers piece- no worries though, I'm scrapping all my previous comps/ideas and going with a new idea that just came to me this evening. I can't believe I didn't think of it in the first place...

No comments: